Monday, May 7, 2007

First post - Introducing myself

Well, this is my first post so I think it would be a good idea to introduce myself to anyone who could find this blog or even read it and don't know me yet.

As you can find somewhere in this page, my name is Douglas and I'm from São Paulo, Brazil. I'm an Electrical/Computer Engineer graduated at Poli-USP. I work as a Team Leader at Chemtech, an industrial services company from Siemens group. I usually work at São Paulo office, mainly in software development projects for a range of industries such as metals and mining, logistics, water and electric power, etc. Chemtech is a really nice place to work, I'll post about it in the future.

I'm a huge fan of modern/agile software development practices like refactoring, continuous integration, TDD, DDD and techniques like IoC/DI, ORM, AOP, etc.. Most of my projects uses .NET platform (my favorite), but I already did some huge projects in Java EE world, which I like as well.

I'm always looking for great tools, whenever possible, open source one. In .NET world I (and my teams) use a lot of them, such as Castle Project stack (Windsor, Active Record, Active Writer, Dynamic Proxy), NHibernate, Ayende tools (Rhino Mocks, NQG, NQA, Commons), Cruise Control .NET, NAnt, NUnit, etc.. While JetBrains does not create a kick ass .NET IDE, I use Visual Studio with its fantastic Resharper add-in. In Java world I use the similar ones.

I'm also very interested in project management, I like to compare and merge/use whenever possible agile practices such as Scrum and XP with PMI PMBoK guidance in my projects.

Well, so it's the end of my first post. In the future I'll post more about my life in software development industry and other random stuff.

More about me in Linkedin:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougfernando

No comments: